Edifier R1280DBs Powered Bluetooth Speakers (42 Watts)
Modern Sound in a Classic Design
Enjoy room-filling sound and wireless audio streaming with the Edifier R1280DBs Bluetooth Speaker System.
- 21W +21W RMS undistorted power
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Front-bass reflex port
- Multiple Inputs: Optical, Coaxial, Bluetooth, Dual RCA, Subwoofer output
- Wireless remote for easy control
- 2-year warranty
Eligible for flat rate shipping of $10.
Get full-range audio and studio quality sound from these classic bookshelf speakers, without the hassle of wires. Bluetooth 5.0 technology allows you to stream top quality audio wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled turntable, phone, tablet or laptop. A 4" bass unit and 13mm silk dome tweeters provide all the kick you need.
- Soundfield Spatializer — Simulates a larger soundstage with the touch of a button. This unique feature creates wide-field sound by optimizing each channel to improve separation.
- Dual RCA Inputs — Dual RCA inputs allow you to connect to two devices at the same time (e.g., turntables, DVD players, computers, gaming consoles).
- Sub-out — Easily add a subwoofer for bigger bass response. The R1700BTs automatically detects the subwoofer and activates the digital crossover.
- Onboard Controls — Adjust the EQ using the treble, bass and volume knobs located on the side panel of the powered speaker.
- Wireless Remote — Get pinpoint control at your fingertips with access to volume, input switching and more.
- Removable Mesh Grill — Protects your drivers but is easily removable for cleaning.
- 2 Year Warranty — Quality components are housed in a solid MDF wood housing and are built to last. Parts and labor are warranted for 24 months in the U.S. and Canada.
How Powered Speakers Work
Powered speakers are the true game-changers of modern audio. The amplification is already built in, so you don't need a separate amplifier/receiver to kick out the jams. One speaker is "active" — it plugs into the power source and has the onboard amplifier. The other speaker is "passive" — it simply takes the amplified signal from the active speaker and produces sound. Any tone and volume controls will be on the active speaker, which is also where you'll find the audio inputs for your devices.
If your turntable has a built-in pre-amp (most modern turntables do), you can connect directly to the powered speakers with an RCA cable. (You can ditch the cable if you have Bluetooth-enabled turntable.) Powered speakers with Bluetooth capabilities will also allow you to stream music from your phone, tablet or computer.
Note that even though they are billed as "wireless," powered speakers still require some degree of wiring. The active and passive speakers typically connect via standard speaker wire or cable. All in all, a very cool way to go!
TOTAL POWER OUTPUT: R/L: 21W+21W RMS
DRIVER UNIT: 13mm tweeter unit + 4-inch mid-woofer
BLUETOOTH VERSION: Qualcomm 3003 V5.0
SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: ≥85dBA
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 51Hz-20KHz
- LINE IN1 R/L:500±50mV
- LINE IN2 R/L:600±50mV
- Optical /Coaxial R/L:350±50mFFS
- Bluetooth R/L:700±50mFFS
DIMENSIONS: 5.75" x 9.2" x 7.7" (WxHxD)
INPUT: LINE IN 1, LINE IN 2, Optical, Coaxial, Bluetooth
In the Box
- (1) Active + (1) Passive Speaker
- RCA-to-RCA Audio Cable
- 3.5 mm-RCA Audio Cable
- Fiber optic input cable
- Speaker connecting cable (16')
- Remote Control
- User Manual
Over the past two decades, Edifier has grown from a small team of audio enthusiasts to an internationally recognized leader in audio solutions. Whether it's headphones or speakers, Edifier's trademark is premium sound systems that showcase bold design. An outstanding audio experience is delivered through technological innovation that doesn't break the bank. So, premium sound at an affordable price.
FREE Shipping on orders of $50+ — low flat rate on others.
Safe shopping guaranteed via Paypal or credit card.
30-day money back guarantee on all purchases.
Questions before you order? Just want to chat?